Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Hills Are Alive

...with the sound of cycling.

I had a nice, not challenging 35 mi. ride yesterday with rollers and flats, just to open up my legs. I made good time and felt good.

Today I slept in (oops), scarfed a quick breakfast and was on the road by 8:30. I rode over Cantelow and was surprised by how many other cyclists were on the road.

At the top I noticed 3 hot air balloons by the 505, well below my altitude. They were suspended like upside-down raindrops, just hanging in the air. They didn't show up in the picture I took. So I rode on.

About mile 19 I saw Kameo and Joann riding the opposite way. I turned around and retraced my route with them, minus Cantelow. I logged 35 miles to Kameo's house just .6 mph slower than yesterday. She drove me home, and my legs were grateful. In fact, for the next couple of hours I thought I may have overdone it, trying to keep up with them.

My goal tomorrow is to just better last year's time. Anything more than that is icing.

And I'm happy to report that it's still fun. Otherwise it wouldn't be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment