Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Night Wrap-Up

Since my last post I've had 2 more weeks of 150-175 miles of cycling.  I was beginning to feel normal again, in that all the usual aches, pains, suffering and sweat were present more frequently.  Just the way I like it.

This week the real estate-related challenges upped their game, so I upped mine as well, but at the expense of my rides.  I rode only 3 days, totaling 115 miles, but I saved an escrow and it should close by month's end (should being the operative word).

A couple Sundays ago we rode our singles with some fast folks and I hung on for 19+ miles at 24 mph before I finally cracked.  Chris circled back to pick me up, as the rest of the group hammered on when he asked if anyone was going to regroup.  That dealt a blow to my confidence, as I can usually hang with those riders.  Reaching into my bag of excuses, I find that "really busy selling houses, not enough time to train" works well here.

So today I woke up with a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach.  Chris made coffee and breakfast and as we were running late, we drove our bikes 6 mi. to the meeting place. (Oh, the shame!)  There were 5 of us total and while the pace was brisk, it wasn't stupidly fast, so I was able to pull as well as keep up with the paceline.  Towards the end, on the last hill, I found my climbing legs and went up like a mountain goat.  Finally!  I've been waiting for that all season!  32 miles, Steiger/Cantelow/Steiger included, avg. 19.3 mph.  I was so excited I worked 3 hrs. weeding, etc. in the back yard before my nap.

Tomorrow I'm submitting a short-sale package to a bank, with appendages crossed that it's accepted.  It'll be a day off the bike.  Colin's coming to town Tuesday so we'll have a family ride Tuesday evening.  I'm giving my 1st of 2 speeches in my quest to become elected as President-elect of my local Association of Realtors (R).  I'm looking forward to that smackdown, oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment