Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year, New Goals, Been There, Done That

A long time ago I viewed a year as a top-down journey:  NYD was the top, and NYE was the bottom.

So if I didn't achieve my goals in the top1/3rd of the year I'd just give up and beat myself up for not achieving those goals within  that timespan.

Fail.

Now I view time as a line, with no beginning or end.  It continues, and I choose to jump in and set time goals or not.

My goals this year are less specific and more global.  When I've set more specific goals I've failed, mostly, and am tired of the self-loathing associated with failure to reach one's goals.  I'm going to make my goals and
 then some.  Ride more, race more, enjoy more, loath less.

Let's see how that plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment