Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Monday, November 12, 2012

Installation Looms

All I've done has lead to this moment, this accolade. In 4 days I'll accept the gavel and become the 55th president of the Northern Solano County Association of REALTORS(R) President. It all seems surreal, like an out-of-body experience, yet I have to own it every step of the way.

It's been a 7 yr. journey. I remember when I accepted the invitation to run for Director, I told a friend that one day I'd be president. I feel both ready and underprepared at the same time. Yet I know what I do will be my best; intelligence guided by experience.

My agenda and program are done. The tickets feature me on my TT bike, where I look quite fast. I think I'm the first serious cyclist to become President. Thus my theme, Cycles of Success. If it wasn't for real estate I'd not have rediscovered my love of riding; if not for my bike, I'd not be HTFU enough to be in real estate.

If the agenda and detailed script are acceptable, then I have 3 days to tweak my speech.

The irony is, that after 11 mos. of ad libbing while following the agenda, I harbor insecurities regarding my time at the microphone. That's never been an issue for me -- from the beginning of my Jazzercise career, I embraced the microphone. Yet I harbor trepidation, as though I'm not up to the task.

I have 4 days to figure it out. Place your bets, peeps, and tune in. I might just surprise you.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. So excellent! like that "Cycles of Success" Maybe use that on your Presidential platform in 2016! : )
    Good luck and may the force be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've just found your blog and have been catching up on your previous posts....I have linked in as a follower and invite you to do the same at my own blog: purpletraveller.blogspot.co.uk
    I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future..
    Regards
    Trevor Woodford

    ReplyDelete